The Dragon Community Limited was set up to support
- the local community where the funds are generated; and
- give priority funding to Asian groups within the local community.
In particular the Trust wishes to strongly support applications that benefit the young and elderly members of the Asian Community.
Dragon Community Trust Ltd generates funds for its Authorised Purpose by operating gaming machines in the greater Auckland region.
Contact details for the Dragon Community Trust Ltd are:
Mail: PO Box 41445, St Lukes, Auckland
Fax: 09 361 6629
If you have any queries regarding the grants please contact Jackson Rao on 021 345 386
Dragon Community Trust Ltd could not operate without the generous support of the venue operators who have chosen to sign with the Trust. Please support those who support us. The venues we operate gaming machines in are:
- Wanderers Tavern – East Tamaki
- East Tamaki Tavern - East Tamaki
- Rewa Bar - Manurewa
Applying for a Grant
Applying for a grant is easy, but you need to ensure that;
- The application fits within the Authorised Purpose of Dragon Community Trust Ltd (see below).
The ‘Authorised Purpose’ is the definition of what the Trust is licensed to make grants to.
- The applicant is a non-profit body
- The grant is to be applied to specific and future purposes; no retrospective grants can be made
- The application is made on the correct form, and is complete
If your application does not fit within the Authorised Purpose or is incomplete then the Trust will have to return your grant application to you.
The Authorised Purpose of Dragon Community Trust Ltd is;
- any charitable purpose;
- any non-commercial purpose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community
- promoting, controlling, and conducting race meetings under the Racing Act 2003, including the payment of stakes.
Grant Distribution Policy
The Trustees consider the priority of grants applications based on its grant distribution policy. This list of criteria, methods, systems and polices is reviewed annually. The policy is attached. Grant Distribution Policy
Grant Application Forms
Grant Application Forms are available by:
- Grant Application
- Email request –email@example.com
- Picking up from one of the venues operating Dragon Community Trust Ltd gaming machines, or
- Writing to Grant Application Request, Dragon Community Trust Ltd PO Box 41445, St Lukes, Auckland
All completed application forms must be mailed to Dragon Community Trust Ltd PO Box 41445, St Lukes, Auckland.
The Trustees of Dragon Community Trust Ltd are
- Jue Qian (Ivy) – Customer Service Officer
- Liping Yang (Angela) - Real-Estate Agent
- Chengyi Li - Director
The Trustees usually meet on the last week of each month (except December) to consider grant applications. The amount generally available for grants is $30,000 per month.
Grants by Dragon Community Trust Ltd are donations as an unconditional gift. No portion is claimed by The Trust as a deduction for GST. If a grant applicant is GST registered, only the GST exclusive amount can be funded
Please click on the documents below to see a list of previous approved and declined grants
Dragon Community Trust Grants to 30 November 2011
Dragon Community Trust Grants to 31 May 2012
Dragon Community Trust Grants to 30th November 2012
Dragon Community Trust Grants to 31 May 2013
Dragon Community Trust Grants to 30th November 2013
Members of the public wishing to make a complaint about the distribution of proceeds should make their first approach in writing. Verbal complaints will not be accepted if they are not followed up in writing. The complainant needs to state in writing all relevant and necessary information for the complaint.
Complaints should be addressed to The Chairman, at the contact address above.
The Society will respond to the complaint within 20 working days. If complainants are unsatisfied with the result of our investigations they may contact the Department of Internal Affairs.
Any complaints about the conduct of gambling at a venue or the conduct of Society (the holder of the Class 4 Operators Licence) may be addressed to the Chairman at the contact detail above.